Sunday, January 20, 2019

Elder Soul Relay


Over the weekend, I knocked out a relatively quick little terrain project.  I wanted to make a thematic piece of terrain for my friend, something that would match his army of reincarnating robots (which is why this is green and yellow).

Let me tell you, though, light green and yellow are BEARS to paint.  I must have put on at least seven or eight layers.  Yeesh!

Anyway, here's a stat card I made to go with it.  The stats are for Squad-Hammer.  The idea is that it can be used to (re)load souls into the damaged robotic shells of a diminished Elder squad.

I apologize to whoever is responsible for the image of this building.
I don't know where I got it, and wasn't originally intending to share it.

And this is the building.  It's several centimeters tall, and the low walls aren't connected, so they can be rearranged or used on their own.  It's made of pink XPS foam that I cut up using my Proxxon (plus a couple beads glued on here and there).  The main obelisk has a fender washer screwed into the bottom to provide weight so that it doesn't tip over easily.

Captain Vorran's crew exploring the Elder Soul Relay.
That's it for this one.

Jason "Ludanto" Smith C;E

6 comments:

  1. A very nicely looking piece. Great color scheme. Did you consider making some terrain building tutorials? I love the look of your table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Terrain tutorials is a good idea. Unfortunately, I think that I'd have to know what I was doing before I started, and that hasn't been the case so far. Each new piece is an experiment that might go horribly wrong!

      Still, it is a good idea. I'll have to consider it.

      Delete
  2. “I don’t know what I’m going to do, so here’s my thought process at each stage” is a valuable tutorial too.

    BTW, I think that building image is from Subnautica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - it would be invaluable to learn especially how Jason goes about detailing and painting terrain, as this is simply marvelous!

      Delete
    2. Bill, I suppose "winging it — with narration" is a valid approach. :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Yarriofultramar! I don't know that I'm doing anything special, but I'll try to do a post describing something at some point.

      Delete