Friday, December 28, 2018

Satellite Reign Inspired Barricades -or- Look, I Got a New Proxxon!

For Christmas, I got a Proxxon hot wire foam cutting table.  It's pretty sweet, and it's opened up my crafting options quite a bit.  I'm still getting the hang of it, so for starters I tried something small.

Here's just a photo I took as I was playing around.  You can see the wire and the guide and the table and the scale.



This is what the guts look like.  I didn't carve this out of one block like David or anything.  This is seven individual pieces glued together.  Still pretty easy, though.


And here are the barricades in action, keeping the glitchy software in the auto-piloted cars of the future from driving over pedestrians all of the time.


So, I'll probably want to do a few more of these barricades, and maybe a planter for that tree.  Then I'll have to decided on what kind of building I want to make next.  Exciting!

UPDATE:

These foam things are pretty light, and my barricades kept blowing around.  So I said "screw it", and then I did.  Screw it, that is.

You see, I drove flat screws into the underside of my barricades.  Not only does it provide a nice little bit of weight, it also makes them stick to the sheet magnets that I like to use for organizing my stuff.


You see, it's a pun.  Because of the screws.  Get it?  Never mind.

VVV
Keep Calm
and
Proxx On


- Jason "Ludanto" Smith C;E

4 comments:

  1. I have been desiring one for a long time - you are not making life any easier sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the best thing in the world, but it certainly opens up a lot of options! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's not perfect, and it doesn't do everything, but it has certainly opened up some interesting options for my terrain building. I might have to pick up the weird, adjustable hand-held version at some point. Maybe next Christmas.

      Delete